Teaching & Learning
Whilst young men at St. Patrick's College study the range of core subjects, from the end of Year 8 they have the opportunity to select some elective subject offerings.
It is important that students choose subjects carefully as these decisions may affect the types of further study and/or occupations in the future. Staff are always available to help guide and assist students when selecting subjects. There are many factors to consider when choosing a course of study and it is recommended that students should select subjects:
- They enjoy.
- They have already achieved good results.
- Which reflect their interests and abilities.
- Which will help to reach career and employment goals.
- Which will develop skills, knowledge and attitudes that will be useful throughout life.
- Which may be prerequisites for specific tertiary courses and occupations.
Refer to the Year 9 Subject Selection and Curriculum Guide, Year 10 Subject Selection and Curriculum Guide and the Year 11 and 12 Subject Selection and Curriculum Guide for important information on middle and senior schooling as well as detailed summaries of all subjects offered at St. Patrick's College and the various study pathways.